COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers March 1, 2021
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH News
NIH on ending structural racism in biomedical research:
NIH funding and training opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Mental Health Research Awards for Investigators Early in their Career in Low- and Middle-Income Countries
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-MH-21-120)
from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
Application Receipt Date: November 15, 2021
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) at NIH will host the virtual
NIDA International Forum June 22 - 24, 2021. Submit abstracts by April 15, 2021 to be considered for NIDA International Forum posters. Complete the financial support request question during the abstract submission process to be considered for a College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) Registration Support Award.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Neurological and Neurocognitive Sequelae from SARS-CoV-2 Infection and COVID-19 in Aging and Age-Related Neurodegeneration (NOT-AG-21-016)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Using Data to Advance HIV Epidemic Knowledge and Program Planning (NOT-DA-21-007)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Change to Award Information in PAR-20-108, International Research in Infectious Diseases (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-AI-21-038)
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Blueprint Neurotherapeutics Network (BPN): Biologic-based Drug Discovery and Development for Disorders of the Nervous System (UG3/UH3 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-NS-21-031) and (U44 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-NS-21-032)