COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers March 8, 2021
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Funding announcements from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH):
Clinical Trials to Test the Effectiveness of Treatment, Preventive, and Services Interventions
(Collaborative R01 Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-21-129) and
(R01 Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-21-130)
Pilot Effectiveness Trials for Treatment, Preventive and Services Interventions
(R34 Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-21-131)
Confirmatory Efficacy Clinical Trials of Non-Pharmacological Interventions for Mental Disorders
(R01 Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-21-132)
Development of Psychosocial Therapeutic and Preventive Interventions for Mental Disorders
(R33 Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-21-134) and
(R61/R33 Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-21-135)
Early Stage Testing of Pharmacologic or Device-based Interventions for the Treatment of Mental Disorders
(R33- Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-21-136) and
(R61/R33 Clinical Trial Required) (PAR-21-137)
Application Receipt Dates: June 15, 2021, October 15, 2021; and more.
- Triadic Interactions in Clinical Encounters Involving People with Alzheimer's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease-Related Dementias (AD/ADRD), Clinicians, and Care Partners
(R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-AG-22-020)
Application Receipt Date: June 23, 2021
- Data Standards for Tobacco Research and Scientific Review Program
(U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-FD-22-002)
Application Receipt Date(s): June 1, 2021
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Multi-Level HIV Prevention Interventions for Individuals at the Highest Risk of HIV Infection (NOT-MD-21-014)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Promoting Viral Suppression among Individuals from Health Disparity Populations Engaged in HIV Care (NOT-MD-21-015)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplements and Urgent Competitive Revisions for NIH Grants to Add or Expand Research Focused on Maternal Health, Structural Racism and Discrimination, and COVID-19 (NOT-OD-21-071)
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.