Funding news for global health researchers April 19, 2021
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Updates related to Fogarty’s
Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth) program:
- Notice of Pre-Application Webinar for Hubs of Interdisciplinary Research and Training in Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth), RFA-TW-21-001 (U01 Clinical Trial Optional) and RFA-TW-21-002 (U2R Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-TW-21-006)
Thursday, April 29, 2021, Fogarty and its NIH partners – the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institute on Aging (NIA), National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) and NIH Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH) – will host a webinar for potential applicants to Hubs of Interdisciplinary Research and Training in Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth). Registration is not required to participate, and a recording will be available soon after the webinar. Submit questions by Monday, April 26, 2021.
NIH's National Institute on Aging joins with Fogarty to support the Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth) program
Inside NIA blog, April 7, 2021
- Related funding announcements:
(Collaborative U01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-TW-21-001)
GEOHealth Research Training
(Collaborative U2R Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-TW-21-002)
Application Receipt Date: July 8, 2021
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Research on Strategies to Enhance Mental Health Interventions and Services within Employment and Job Training Settings (NOT-MH-21-230)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Administrative Supplements to Support Collaborations to Improve the AI/ML-Readiness of NIH-Supported Data (NOT-OD-21-094)
Notices of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for Collaborative Initiative on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (CIFASD):
Research Project (U01 Clinical Trial optional) (NOT-AA-21-020)
Administrative Core (U24) (Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-AA-21-021)
Diagnostic-Telemedicine Core (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-AA-21-022)
Data Coordination Core (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (NOT-AA-21-023)
Developmental Project (UH2 Clinical Trial Optional) (NOT-AA-21-024)
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Reminder: Required use of FORMS-F application forms for application submission (NOT-OD-21-104)
- Update on Changes to NIH Requirements Regarding Proposed Human Fetal Tissue Research (NOT-OD-21-111)
- Request for Information (RFI): Research Challenges and Needs in Developing Chronomedicine for Health and Diseases (NOT-CA-21-042)