COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers May 24, 2021
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest: Advanced Computational Approaches to Elucidate Disease Pathology and Identify Novel Therapeutics for Addiction (NOT-DA-21-004)
Events that may be of interest to the global health research community.
- Global Forum on Humanitarian Health Research - Deadline extended for applications to participate
Fogarty, the International Development Research Centre (IDRC), the UK Medical Research Council (MRC) and Wellcome Trust are seeking early- to mid-career scientists or those who are new to humanitarian health research to participate and present case studies during a pilot virtual Global Forum on Humanitarian Health Research in November 2021. Priority will be given to applicants from low- and middle-income countries, and researchers who are living in countries or regions affected by concurrent crises, though applicants from high-income countries may apply.
Extended application deadline: June 4, 2021
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Sabin Vaccine Institute's
Social and Behavioral Research Grants program is funding innovative projects that explore the social and behavioral drivers of vaccine acceptance among communities in low- and middle-income countries. See the call for proposals for details.
Application deadline: July 5, 2021
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Announcing New Inbox for Inquiries Related to Changes to Biographical Sketch and Other Support Format Page (NOT-OD-21-122)
- Request for Information: Input to the National Eye Institute Strategic Plan Draft Document (NOT-EY-21-010)
- Notice to Extend the Response Date for NOT-LM-21-005, "Request for Information (RFI): Use of Common Data Elements (CDEs) in NIH-funded Research" (NOT-LM-21-008)
New Response Date: May 28, 2021
- Request for Information (RFI): Seeking Stakeholder Input on Enhancing Diversity and Inclusion in the Cancer Research Workforce (NOT-CA-21-067)