COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Funding news for global health researchers August 23, 2021
On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding
opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates
are typically distributed once a week.
NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding & Grants Administration
The NIH Virtual Seminar on Program Funding & Grants Administration will be held on November 1–4, 2021! This is an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the NIH funding process, FOR FREE. If you’re new to the NIH funding space or want a refresher, then this conference is for you. Registration opens soon. Sign up to get notified.
Special Announcement on Climate Change and Health
- Notice of NHLBI Participation on NOT-ES-21-009: Request for Information (RFI): Climate Change and Health (NOT-HL-21-028)
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): International Research Collaboration on Drug Abuse and Addiction Research (NOT-DA-21-064)
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations may apply.
- Blueprint MedTech Translator (UG3/UH3 - Clinical Trial Optional) (PAR-21-315)
Application Receipt Dates: Multiple dates, see announcement
- Innovative Mental Health Services Research Not Involving Clinical Trials (R01 Clinical Trials Not Allowed) (PAR-21-316) Application Receipt Dates: Multiple dates, see announcement
- Selectively Target Technology Development to Understand How Changes or Dysfunction at the Capillary, Arterioles, and Small Lymphatic Vessels Level Can Have Long-term Impact on AD/ADRD (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (PAR-22-026) Application Receipt Date: November 8, 2021
- Deciphering Immune-CNS interactions in people living with HIV on Anti-Retroviral therapy (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (RFA-MH-21-250) Application Receipt Date: December 7, 2021
- Deciphering Immune-CNS interactions in HIV utilizing in-vitro and in-vivo model systems (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (RFA-MH-21-251) Application Receipt Date: December 7, 2021
NIH Notices of Special Interest (NOSIs) that may be of interest to global health researchers.
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Advancing the development of tumor site-activated small molecules (NOT-CA-21-101)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Bold New Bioengineering Research for Heart, Lung, Blood and Sleep Disorders and Diseases (Reissue) (NOT-HL-21-024)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Social, Behavioral, and Economic Impact of COVID-19 in Underserved and Vulnerable Populations (NOT-MH-21-330)
Other Funding News
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Request for Information (RFI): Systematic Review Centers with Nutrition Expertise for Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs) Development (NOT-OD-21-173)