The purpose of the International Research Ethics Education and Curriculum Development Award is to develop master's level curricula and provide educational opportunities for developing country academics, researchers and health professionals in ethics related to performing research involving human subjects in international resource poor settings. The goal of this initiative is to increase the number of developing country scientists, health professionals and relevant academics with in-depth knowledge of the ethical considerations, concepts and applications in clinical and public health research. It is expected that such master's level training will enhance the career development of individuals from developing countries, as well as strengthen and sustain the capacity to support ethical clinical and public health research at their home institutions and countries.
This announcement is issued by Fogarty in collaboration with the following NIH Institutes and Centers.
- Grantee news: Fogarty-supported Global Forum for Bioethics in Research: Past, present and future
South African Journal of Bioethics and Law, May 2014
- Grantee news: Knowledge and attitudes to personal genomics testing for complex diseases among Nigerians
BMC Medical Ethics, April 27, 2014
- Fogarty bioethics grantees discuss lessons learned
Fogarty news, January 22, 2014
- Grantee news: Belarusian University and Union Graduate College Cooperate on New, Online [Bioethics] Course
Union Graduate College news, November 4, 2013
- Fogarty awards 2013 bioethics grants
Fogarty news, August 19, 2013
- Grantee news: Evaluating institutional capacity for research ethics in Africa: a case study from Botswana
BMC Medical Ethics via PubMed, July 30, 2013
- Expired announcement: International Research Ethics Education and Curriculum Development Award Program Announcement (Bioethics) (R25) (PAR-10-174)
- Fogarty awards bioethics grants
- Indiana University and Moi University in Kenya Renew Bioethics Program Partnership
IU News, June 20, 2012
- African Bioethics Program receives NIH continuation grant
JHU Gazette, July 9, 2012
- 2005 Bioethics Program Review and Evaluation [PDF 0.6 MB]
To view Adobe PDF files, download current, free accessible plug-ins from the Adobe's website.