COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Advisory Board Meeting Agenda February 9, 2010
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center
for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
- Advisory Board Dinner
Monday, February 8, 2010, 6:00pm
Lawton L. Chiles International House, NIH Campus
- Advisory Board Meeting
Tuesday, February 9, 2010, 8:00am - 3:30pm
Lawton L. Chiles International House, Conference Room, NIH Campus
NOTE: Due to a major snowstorm in the Washington, D.C., area, the Board did not convene for its scheduled meeting on February 9, 2010. It conducted by telephone its review, discussion, and evaluation of grant applications.
8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
12:00 P.M. - 12:45 P.M.
Special Presentation: Muza Gondwe - Public Understanding of Science in Africa Video
12:45 P.M. - 1:45 P.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities - Dr. Roger Glass
- Update on FY2011 FIC Budget - Mr. Timothy Tosten
- Program Developments:
- Independent Scientist in Global Health Award (ISGHA) - Dr. Yvonne Njage
- Framework Programs for Global Health Signature Innovations Initiative (ARRA) - Dr. Flora Katz
- Program to Enhance NIH-supported Global Health Research Involving Human Subjects (ARRA) - Dr. Barbara Sina
- FIC-NIMH Collaborations - Dr. Kathy Michels
- Obama Administration Global Health Initiatives (GHI) - Dr. Michael Johnson
- G8 Planning - Mr. Robert Eiss
- NIH-CC - Lilly Clinical Research Training Initiative with Russia - Dr. Gail Cassel and Dr. Marya Levintova
- Recent US-China Conferences to Stimulate Joint Research Collaboration - Ms. Tina Chung
1:45 P.M. - 3:30 P.M.
New Developments in Chronic Disease Research and Training
Dr. Susan Shurin, Acting Director, NHLBI
Dr. Derek Yach, Senior Vice President, Global Health Policy, PepsiCo
Dr. Judith Fradkin, Director, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, & Metabolic Diseases, NIDDK
FIC Overview of Chronic Disease Research and Training Activities
- Millennium Promise Awards: Non-communicable Chronic Diseases Research Training Program - Dr. Yvonne Njage
- NIH/Fogarty Clinical Research Training Scholars and Fellows Program - Dr. Myatt Htoo Razak