COVID-19 is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation.
Foreign NIH Grant Applicants
The Fogarty International Center at NIH serves as a bridge between NIH and the greater global health community. Fogarty supports basic, clinical and applied research and training for U.S. and foreign investigators working in the developing world. Learn more about Fogarty's role in global health.
Find information and resources specifically for foreign NIH grant applicants and institutions.
- Guidance for International Applicants Blocked from Registration Websites (NOT-OD-11-090), released June 16, 2011
- E-submission information for international applicants
- Foreign Grants Information from the NIH Office of Extramural Research (OER) - Details on elements of the grants process specific to foreign applicants/grantees, including general information, process information and policies.
- Fogarty Grantee Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - A general list of answers to the most frequently asked questions by foreign grant applicants and grantees, including many questions applicable to foreign institutions.
- Cost Considerations for Foreign Grantees - Highlights from the NIH Policy Statement on allowable costs for foreign grants.
- NIH Grants Policy on Foreign Organizations, International Organizations and Domestic Grants with Foreign Components - Excerpts from the NIH Grants Policy Statement pertaining to awards directly to foreign institutions, international organizations, domestic grants with foreign components, and the allowance of F&A costs for foreign and international organizations.
- Country Eligibility for Fogarty International Training Grants - Information about recent changes in country eligibility for Fogarty international training grants, including answers to frequently asked questions.
Updated November 2017
To view Adobe PDF files, download current, free accessible plug-ins from the Adobe's website.