International Services for NIH Staff


  • Effective January 1, 2019: Additional security training requirements applies to ALL official foreign travel
  • Planning a foreign trip? Don't wait for travel authorization approval to inquire about an official passport and visa. Contact Fogarty for timing and requirements.

Related Information

Updated February 12, 2019

Passport and Visa Information for NIH Staff

Fogarty International Center (FIC) processes applications only for official and diplomatic passports and visas for NIH employees. > More

Notification of Foreign Travel for NIH Staff

Notification for Foreign Travel (NFT) is part of foreign travel authorization in the NIH CGE Travel System. This mandatory step in all foreign travel must be completed before the trip can be officially approved. > More

Training for Persons Traveling Abroad

Travel Planning Resources

Updated February 12, 2019