Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting
May 11, 2016
Stone House, Building 16, NIH Campus
9:00 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
- Dr. Roger Glass
- CGHS Update: Ms. Nalini Anand
- CSIS Global Health Programs
10:30 A.M. – 10:45 A.M.
Program Concept: NIH-NSF Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases Program: A Joint Program for Multidisciplinary Research
- Dr. Christine Jessup, Program Officer, Division of International Training and Research (DITR), FIC
10:45 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
11:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
Division of International Epidemiology and Population Studies (DIEPS)
- Dr. Peter Kilmarx, Deputy Director, FIC, and Acting Director, DIEPS, FIC
- Dr. Ellis McKenzie, Senior Scientist, DIEPS. FIC
- Dr. Cecile Viboud, Staff Scientist, DIEPS, FIC
- Dr. Bob Bollinger, Director, Center for Clinical Global Health Education (CCGHE) and Professor of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.
1:00 P.M. - 2:45 P.M.
Global Environmental and Occupational Health (GEOHealth) Hubs Program
- Dr. Christine Jessup, Program Officer, DITR, FIC
- Dr. John Balbus, Senior Advisor for Public Health, NIEHS
- Caribbean GEOHealth Hub – Caribbean Consortium for Research in Environmental and Occupational Health (CCREOH)
- Dr. Maureen Lichtveld, Professor and Department Chair, Department of Global Environmental Health Sciences, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Dr. Wilco Zijlmans, Director, Research Center Academic Hospital Suriname
- Eastern Africa GEOHealth Hub – Research and Training in Eastern Africa
- Dr. Kiros Berhane, Professor, Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California
- Dr. Abera Kumie, Head, Environmental Occupational Health, Addis Ababa University School of Public Health
- Dr. Andres Sanchez, Senior Program Specialist, International Development Research Centre, Canada
Discussion moderated by Vikas Kapil, DO, MPH, Associate Director for Science/Chief Medical Officer, Center for Global Health Leadership, CDC
2:45 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.