Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting
February 12, 2019
Stone House, Building 16, NIH Campus
9:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
Dr. Roger Glass
- Women’s Health Report, Dr. Marya Levintova, Program Officer, DITR, FIC
10:00 A.M. – 10:45 A.M.
- GEOHealth, Dr. Christine Jessup, Program Officer, DITR, FIC
- mHealth, Dr. Laura Povlich, Program Officer, DITR, FIC
- Global Infectious Disease (GID) planning grant (D71), Dr. Barbara Sina, Acting Deputy Director, DITR, FIC
10:45 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
11:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
The Science of Stigma Reduction: New Directions for Research to Improve Health
- Dr. Gretchen Birbeck, University of Rochester
- Dr. Laura Nyblade, Fellow, Health Policy, RTI International
- Dr. Anne Stangl, Senior Behavioral Scientist, International Center for Research on Women (ICRW)
12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.
1:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Update from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
Dr. Joshua Gordon, Director, NIMH
2:00 P.M. - 2:45 P.M.
Development of Wearable and Bedside Biophotonics for Personalized Health
Dr. Bruce Tromberg, Director, National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)
2:45 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Updated February 6, 2019