Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting
September 6, 2019
Stone House, Building 16, NIH Campus
9:00 A.M. - 10:15 A.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
Dr. Roger Glass
- Program re-issue: Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (GID, D43), Dr. Barbara Sina, Deputy Director, Division of International Training and Research (DITR)
- Program concept: Global BRAIN (R01 and R21), Dr. Kathy Michels, Program Officer, DITR
10:15 A.M. – 10:35 A.M.
10:35 A.M. - 11:25 A.M.
Global Health at Georgetown University
- The Honorable Mark Dybul, MD, Faculty Co-Director, Center for Global Health Practice and Impact and Professor in the Department of Medicine at Georgetown University Medical Center
- Dr. Deus Bazira, Co-Director, Center for Global Health Practice and Impact, Georgetown University Medical Center
11:25 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
Global Health at USAID
- Dr. William Steiger, Chief of Staff at the U.S. Agency for International Development
12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.
1:00 P.M. - 2:45 P.M.
Advancing Emergency Care Research in LMICs
- Nalini Anand, Director, Division of International Science Policy, Planning and Evaluation (DISPPE), Center for Global Health Studies, FIC
- Dr. Junaid Razzak, Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Director, Center for Global Emergency Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Dr. Mohamed El-Shinawi, Professor of General Surgery-Ain Shams University, Advisor to the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Egypt (Remote)
- Dr. Uzma Khan, Senior Instructor, Aga Khan University, Pakistan (Remote)
- Dr. Jon Mark Hirshon, Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine and Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Dr. Steve Hargarten, Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Associate Dean for Global Health, and Director of the Comprehensive Injury Center, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Dr. Teri Reynolds, Scientist, Department for the Management of NCDs, Disability, Violence and Injury Prevention, World Health Organization (TBC)
- Dr. Jeremy Brown, Director, Office of Emergency Care Research, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
2:45 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Updated August 27, 2019