Planning Grants for International Malaria Clinical, Operational & Health Services Research Training Programs
No plans to recompete
Planning grant applications for malaria research training programs in clinical, operational and public health services for clinical, public health and social scientists and health care professionals in the countries targeted by the President's Malaria Initiative (PMI) (Angola, Benin, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia) are invited. The planning grants supported in response to this announcement will enable U.S. and PMI country collaborators to assess research training resources and needs and develop comprehensive research training program proposals. Specifically, planning grants will provide support for U.S. or African applicants from PMI designated countries to:
- Plan five year programs to provide integrated clinical, operational and public health services research training related to all currently available malaria prevention and treatment interventions used in malaria vector control, rapid diagnosis, effective drug therapy, intermittent preventive treatment for pregnant women and children and health services delivery to rural endemic areas.
- Examine the gaps in knowledge and expertise in the evaluation of best practices related to currently available malaria interventions in a PMI country and plan how best to provide research training to fill these gaps.
- Design mentored research experiences, research training workshops, practicum activities and graduate school curriculum related to malaria control activities.
- Collaborate with public and private malaria control organizations in one PMI designated country to design a program structure that facilitates rapid incorporation of malaria clinical, operational and public health services research results into widespread practice in their activities.
- Identify and obtain administrative, financial management and research ethics training, faculty development, research training resource materials needed to undertake a sustainable comprehensive research training program.
Dr. Barbara Sina
Fogarty International Center
Division of International Training and Research
National Institutes of Health
Building 31, Room B2C39
31 Center Drive, MSC 2220
Bethesda, MD 20892-2220
Telephone (301) 402-9467
Fax: (301) 402-0779
8/24/2016 8:24 AM