Health-Professional Education Partnership Initiative
Not accepting applications at this time
Most recent application due date: December 13, 2018
- Only African medical schools and nursing schools are eligible to apply.
- The contact Principal Investigator (PI) must be employed by the African institution, and must have citizenship in an African country.
- Other Multiple PIs must also be African citizens.
- Applicants must collaborate with at least one eligible institution in the same country outside the applicant institution, and may collaborate with a consortium of eligible institutions, that provide education for the same health profession.
- Some inter-professional activities between nursing and medical students (and, optionally, with other health professions) are also required.
- View full eligibility details in the program announcement.
Health Professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI) complements and enhances the training of a workforce to meet the biomedical, behavioral and clinical research needs in low-resource, high HIV-burden countries in Africa, including Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The program leverages the achievements and lessons learned from the
Medical Education Partnership Initiative (MEPI),
MEPI Junior Faculty Research Training and
Nursing Education Partnership Initiative (NEPI), though prior participation in MEPI or NEPI is not required. Awards can further enhance educational programs, research programs, partnerships and networks formed by prior MEPI and NEPI support; or can expand to new health professional schools and departments.
Health Professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI) Awards
Flora N. Katz, Ph.D.
Director, Division of International Training and Research
Fogarty International Center
National Institutes of Health
Building 31, B2C39
31 Center Drive MSC 2220
Bethesda, MD 20892-2220 USA
Fax: (301) 402-0779
Related World Regions / Countries
12/14/2018 10:20 AM