COVID-19 public health information from the US CDC |
COVID-19 research information from the US NIH |
COVID-19 resources for global health researchers
Archive: AIDS International Training and Research Program
The AIDS International Training and Research Program (AITRP) has been discontinued. Researchers interested in HIV research training in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) should consider applying for funding thorugh the Fogarty HIV Research Training Program or Reducing Stigma to Improve HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in Low- and Middle-Income Countries Program.
AIDS International Training and Research Program (AITRP) began in 1988 as one of the first of a new generation of research training programs sponsored by Fogarty. This program provided training for scientists at institutions in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The program aimed to build multi-disciplinary biomedical, behavioral and social science research capacity for the prevention, care and treatment of HIV/AIDS and HIV-related conditions for those adults and children affected by HIV/AIDS in the collaborating country. Learn more about the
history of the AITRP program, and the cadre of qualified researchers trained thorugh AITRP who have helped make scientific discoveries.
Geetha Bansal, Ph.D.
Division of International Training and Research
Fogarty International Center
National Institutes of Health
Building 31, Room B2C39
31 Center Drive, MSC 2220
Bethesda, MD 20892-2220 USA
A number of NIH Institutes and Centers provided co-funding and other support for AITRP.
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- National Health Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD)
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR)
- NIH Office of AIDS Research (OAR)
- NIH Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR)
- NIH Office of Research on Women's Health (ORWH)
To view Adobe PDF files, download current, free accessible plug-ins from Adobe's website.
9/23/2020 4:32 PM