Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
John E. Fogarty International Center for Advanced Study in the Health Sciences
FIC Advisory Board Meeting (Open Session)
June 8, 2021
Virtual meeting via Zoom
Virtual Meeting Access
Registration for virtual Fogarty Advisory Board Meeting open session
Public access. View and/or listen only. Registration required. Event password provided in registration confirmation email.
Agenda: Open Session
12:00 P.M. - 12:30 P.M.
Director's Update and Discussion of Current and Planned FIC Activities
Dr. Roger Glass
- Select Fogarty COVID-19 Research Activities
Dr. Cecile Viboud, Senior Research Scientist, Division of International Epidemiology and Population Studies (DIEPS)
12:30 P.M. - 12:45 P.M.
Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases Program Concept
Dr. Brad Newsome, Program Officer, Division of International Training and Research
12:45 P.M. - 1:45 P.M.
Health Research in Humanitarian Crises, Disasters, and Public Health Emergencies
- Dr. Amit Mistry, Senior Scientist, Center for Global Health Studies
- Dr. Iman Nuwayhid, former Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, American University of Beirut
- Dr. Brandon Kohrt, Director, Division of Global Mental Health, George Washington University
- Dr. Joshua Gordon, Director, National Institute of Mental Health
- Dr. Michelle Williams, Dean of the Faculty, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Dr. Steffanie Strathdee, Associate Dean of Global Health Sciences, Harold Simon Professor, University of California San Diego Department of Medicine
1:45 P.M. - 2:30 P.M.
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research’s Global Health Research
Dr. Rene D’Souza, Director, NIDCR
2:30 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Dr. Roger Glass
Updated May 25, 2021