The Division of International Science Policy, Planning and Evaluation (DISPPE) provides strategic information and guidance to the Fogarty Director regarding the planning and evaluation of programs at the Center. The division advises Fogarty and its Director on matters of international science policy, legislation and partnerships. DISPPE tracks activities of international funding agencies and research trends in global health.
To complement DISPPE's strategic guidance efforts, Fogarty supports the Center for Global Health Studies (CGHS), which serves as a hub for project-based scholarship in global health science and policy.
Contact the Division of International Science Policy, Planning and Evaluation
Strategic Plan | Evaluations | Bioethics
Fogarty International Center's Strategic Plan
Fogarty's Strategic Plan will advance the global health research agenda by building on past and current Fogarty investments and successes in a way that responds to the changed landscape in global health.
Evaluation of Fogarty Programs
The division designs, structures and implements program assessments across Fogarty. DISPPE has developed a Framework for Evaluation, and has completed evaluations of a variety of Fogarty programs. For more information please contact Division Deputy Director Dr. Rachel Sturke at Rachel.Sturke@nih.gov.
Recent Fogarty program and division reviews and evaluations:
Fogarty supports the development of sound international bioethics policy and global ethical review capacity. Major initiatives include:
- Fogarty's International Bioethics Training programs support education and research training to develop ethics expertise in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- In collaboration with partners at NIH and in the extramural community, Fogarty staff conduct original research on:
- International research ethics
- International research ethics education
- Priority-setting for global health spending
- Fogarty is a co-founder and funder of the Global Forum on Bioethics in Research, which provides a unique platform for stakeholders in health research from developing and developed countries to engage in dialogue about ethical concerns.
- Fogarty maintains a collection of bioethics resources for bioethicists, research ethics committee members, researchers, students, and everyone else involved in international health research.
To view Adobe PDF files, download current, free accessible plug-ins from the Adobe's website.
Updated July 28, 2017